Saturday 14 December 2013

Christmas Red





I've been meaning to write this post for a little while but college work seems to be taking over my life lately despite there being no January exams (if I'm honest though I'd rather get some out of the way in January), so I'm taking a break from Maths whilst listening to songs from Chicago, my current musical obsession, to tell you about my favourite red lipstick. With Christmas approaching, it's the perfect time to find your perfect red.

Towards the end of last month Vogue did an online edit of the 10 best red lipsticks and in among the Chanel, Mac and Nars was Rimmel London Kate Moss No. 1. It's hardly surprising since these lipsticks are great quality and stay on your lips for a while. For me though, shade No. 22 is a perfect, it's not quite as deep and classic a red as No. 1 but it's highly pigmented and bright.
I find this lipstick has a slightly orange tone to it making it brighter than the classic red which I think is a great twist if you're looking for a slightly different shade. 
If you haven't tried this collection before these lipsticks are quite creamy and full of pigment, however if they've been on a little while I find them slightly drying but it's nothing a bit of Carmex doesn't fix!

What's your favourite red lipstick? Have you tried the Rimmel Kate Moss collection before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...