Sunday 13 July 2014

Review | Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner

When I saw the July issue of Glamour Magazine came with a free Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eye liner I couldn't resist paying the bargin price of £2 to try out the eye liner, again. I tried an Eyeko eye liner around this time last year that I got free with a magazine and having read a lot of rave reviews about it online I was left fairly disappointed with the product, it dried up quickly and I could only manage to get a faint, barely there line on my eyes, despite this I thought I'd give the product a second go.


As an initial sceptic of all of the hype around Eyeko eye liners I immediately tested this on the back of my hand when I got it, I was surprised that unlike my last Eyeko this one seemed capable of an actual black line. Excitedly I tried it out on my eyes and found I couldn't quite get the line as dark. I've found there's  bit of a knack to using it as in order for the ink not to run to the bottom of the pen away from the tip I need to angle it fairly steeply. I've also found that keeping the pen upside down in my make-up holder keeps the ink near the tip ready to use. 

Moving on from the colour, I love the brush of this eye liner, it's very easy to use and glides on, I've also found it easier to do a little cat flick with this eye liner than with others I've used and I can quickly apply it without making a mess all over my eyelid, so that's a win for Eyeko there. 

I guess it's a bit of a love-hate relationship with this eye liner, for as long as it draws black I'll love it, but if it starts to quickly dry up I'll be searching for a new brand.

Have you tried Eyeko eye liners? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...